Problems building on SunOS

Paul D. Smith psmith at BayNetworks.COM
Fri Sep 4 17:26:44 CEST 1998

%% Brian Warner <warner at lothar.com> writes:

  bw> in addition:

  bw>  must use GNU make, the first thing that kills off Solaris make is
  bw>  po/Makefile

Heh.  I didn't even try it with Sun's make (since I was building from a
remote directory...)

  bw>  tiger.c, uses a long long multiply which, when compiled for a
  bw>  sparc, requires a function from -lgcc called __muldi3. Because
  bw>  tiger.c is compiled directly into a shared object, and because
  bw>  libgcc.a is not shared, tiger (the shared object) doesn't get
  bw>  __muldi3 included in it.

Doh!  _That's_ what caused that.  I saw this too but didn't see any
obvious reason and I didn't get around to finding the problem.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith at baynetworks.com>         Network Management Development