gpg --list-keys not working

Chris Wiegand cwiegand at urgentmail.com
Tue Sep 8 20:21:58 CEST 1998

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Werner Koch wrote:

> Chris Wiegand <cwiegand at urgentmail.com> writes:
> >
> > gpg: Ooops: mpi crosses packet bordersecmem usage: 0/0 bytes in 0/0 blocks
>
> You have a bad keyring: a MPI (large integer) claims to be larger than
> the packet.  Please use "-vv" to see where it bails out.
> You are using 0.3.4 ?

Yup. When I run gpg -vv, I get this:

gpg (GNUPG) 0.3.4; Copyright (C) 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

gpg: Ooops: mpi crosses packet bordersecmem usage: 0/0 bytes in 0/0 blocks
of pool 0/16384
IOT trap/Abort

I'm running Linux 2.0.35, libc 5.4.22, gcc 2.7.2.1. I just made a DSA and
ElGamal (default) key of 768 bits. (I'm just testing it out, so..) If you
need more info, or want to take a look at the keyrings, fine by me.

Chris Wiegand
http://www.netcom.com/~wiegand