dates and their representation

Michael Sobolev mss at despair.transas.com
Mon Sep 21 22:24:21 CEST 1998

I asked Werner a question concerning whether gmtime (3) or localtime (3) should
be used while displaying the date of key expiry.  He asked me to raise the
question on ML.  So here it is.

When a user creates a key pair, she may specify for how long the key is valid.
If I understand correctly (but, actually, it does not matter if the method
different) two values are stored with the key: the date/time of creation and
the number of days.  The question is: how to display all these times?  What to
use gmtime or localtime?

TIA,

--
Mike