can algorithm preferences be changed?

Fabio Coatti cova at felix.unife.it
Sat Sep 26 20:52:07 CEST 1998

On Sat, Sep 19, 1998 at 06:33:47PM -0700, Brian Warner wrote:

> Now I have an apparently fully functional key on my gpg secret key ring. But I

I've followed your instructions, and in fact now I can sign a file with pgp5
key using gpg. But pgp seems to have problems whet tries to check the signed
file.
If I use

gpg --sign -z 0 --rfc1991 pippo

pgp gives the following:

cova:~$ pgpv pippo.gpg
File "pippo" already exists. Overwrite? [y/N] y
Opening file "pippo" type binary.
This signature applies to another message
None of the signatures were understood; can't check

Received signal 11.

with ascii armored file i get only

cova:~$ pgpv pippo.asc
Opening file "/dev/null" type text.