PGP5/gpg armoring

brian moore bem at cmc.net
Sat Sep 26 19:05:31 CEST 1998

Okay, this seems to make PGP5 happy with my key:
    gpg -z 0 --rfc1991 --no-comment --export bem > bem.key
    pgpk -v -a ./bem.key

But if I add an '-a' to the GPG line for armoring the key, PGP5 refuses
to read it.

It looks like the armoring isn't quite compatible between the two.

Unless, of course, I'm doing something wrong.

BTW, this is a damned nice tool.  Thanks.  (Now if people would just
stop using RSA/IDEA.... And if the US Gov't didn't make even digital
signatures pointless...)

--
Brian Moore                         | "The Zen nature of a spammer resembles
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker       |  a cockroach, except that the cockroach