Twofish patch

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Mon Apr 12 22:01:19 CEST 1999

Remi Guyomarch <rguyom at mail.dotcom.fr> writes:

> It's rather simple : I moved all CALC_SB() and CALC_SB256() macro
> calls to a loop and put all hex arguments into a static table.

I think this is a Good Thing and I implemented it this morning.
Because it only affects the key setup, the actual encryption time does
not change at all.  The size and type of the cache has a lot of
consequenses when optimizing some code and we should delegate that
task to the compiler which knows more about different CPUs.

Thanks.

  Werner

> execution time   :  15.7s

 10.6 on a P-100 with -O3

BTW, Twofish will be the default cipher in the next version.  But while
implementing that, we noticed some inconsistencies in rfc2440 regarding
128 bit blocksize ciphers.  We have to agree on an interpretation
before Twofish is actually used.  Hope this happens soon.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013