Twofish patch

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Sun Apr 25 15:25:23 CEST 1999

Anonymous <nobody at replay.com> writes:

> > BTW, Twofish will be the default cipher in the next version.
>
> Ugh. Why not pick one of the ciphers that performed better at the
> AES conference?

I considered to use Magenta because it is a German Product :-))

RC6 is patented and frankly I don't like to support RSA Inc.

TWofish is really one of the fastest.  IF you have attended that
AES conference in Rome, you probaly know that everyone gets a
perfomrance rank lits which makes his cipher look best.

We agreed at the OpenPGP WG to add Twofish as an optional cipher.
PGP 6 or whatever will use Twofish too.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013