Possible --home-dir Bug

Kevin Wallace wallacek at pacbell.net
Sat Aug 21 15:53:49 CEST 1999

I don't know if anyone else has seen this but here's a problem I ran into
with gpg.  I'm using version 0.9.10.  I'm calling gpg from a CGI script and
gpg couldn't create or open files in ~/.gnupg.  I deduced that $HOME was
not set in the environment so I used --home-dir to set the home
directory.  While gpg then found ~/.gnupg, it couldn't find any public
keys.  I grepped through the sources to find calls to getenv and found that
make_filename in fileutil.c calls getenv("HOME") but unlike in g10.c,
make_filename does not use opt.homedir if the caller specified a home
directory.  I don't have a problem with setting $HOME before calling gpg
but it would be nice if --home-dir worked completely.  Thanks for your
attention.

Best regards,

Kevin