running gpg from another program

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Thu Feb 4 11:26:09 CET 1999

Matthias Urlichs <smurf at noris.de> writes:

> better idea would be to send a special message to the status FD whenever
> gpg is waiting for a passphrase, and then read one line from the passphrase

There should be a special "--status-fd n" message (you should only
parse such message because they are not subject to i18n or textual
changes).

Have a look at tools/shmtest.c to see how I see the interface.  I
worked this out with Max who wrote GnomePG but due to the fact that he
has vanished from the Internet (any news?) it was never realy tested.

We use shared memory for communication and the caller can request a
block of locked memory for his purpose (to store the passphrase).
I don't want to use CORBA for this becuase this may have a security
hole but you are free to write a CORBA aware library which interfaces
to GnuPG.