E-mail address forced to lower case in user ID?!?

Rich Wales richw at webcom.com
Sat Feb 27 20:57:38 CET 1999

Claus Assmann wrote:

	Proposal: make this a compile- (or even run-) time option.

I think that would be overkill.  The issue only arises when a user
is creating a new key, or adding a new user ID to an existing key --
something that isn't going to be done very often.

I think it's OK simply to assume the user will know the proper way to
write his/her own e-mail address, and preserve the case (at least of
the left-hand side) as he/she types it.

Rich Wales         richw at webcom.com         http://www.webcom.com/richw/
See http://www.webcom.com/richw/pgp/ for my PGP key and fingerprint info
*** NOTE: any key generated by me before 1997-09-18 has been REVOKED ***