0.9.0 expiration date: does not work

Bodo Moeller Bodo_Moeller at public.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jan 4 21:35:00 CET 1999

Werner Koch <wk at isil.d.shuttle.de>:
> Bodo Moeller <Bodo_Moeller at public.uni-hamburg.de>:

>> Warnings are absolutely O.K., but it *should* be possible to use
>> expired expired (signing or decryption) secret keys.  You might want,

> It is possible:
> gpg --edit-key your-key
>> expire
> and set a new expiration date.

That's a possibility, but it's somewhat awkward.  Also, for decryption
keys that I keep just in order to be able to decrypt old stuff, I
would not really want to change the expiration date: The key _is_
expired, I have no intention to change that -- I simply want to use
it anyway.
I'd still vote for a new option that makes gpg ignore validity
periods.