incorrect chars

Thomas Roessler roessler at guug.de
Tue Jan 5 15:28:50 CET 1999

On Tue, Jan 05, 1999 at 01:10:34PM +0100, Fabio Coatti wrote:
> I've some problems with previous messages from Juergen A. Erhard, but
> I'm unable to discover if this is a gpg, mutt, xemacs or what else
> problem..

It's an xemacs problem: The data were tagged as quoted-printable,
but the PGP armor was not encoded.  This led to funny effects
wherever an equal sign occured in the armor, thus corrupting the
armor.

(Will this bug ever vanish from earth?  Pegasus Mail for Windows did
the same thing.)

tlr
--
Thomas Roessler · 74a353cc0b19 · dg1ktr · http://home.pages.de/~roessler/
     2048/CE6AC6C1 · 4E 04 F0 BC 72 FF 14 23 44 85 D1 A1 3B B0 73 C1