Manual Contact

John A. Martin jam at jamux.com
Thu Jan 28 19:02:55 CET 1999

    Roger> I think that the ability to distribute files in multiple
    Roger> formats is a *good* thing -- and smgltools is a good way to
    Roger> do this -- but don't knock PDFs on the basis of size or the
    Roger> need for Windoze or Adobe Distiller, as neither of these
    Roger> assumptions is accurate.

Right.

    Roger> (BTW, I usually use gv instead of acroread to read PDFs.)

How do you do it on a character terminal?

Don't forget that among the potential users of gpg are folks operating
under various disadvantages.  IMHO all pgp documentation should be
accessible with the very minimum facilities.

The documentation for pgp has always been usable with the simplest
equipment.  Changing that would not be an improvement.

	jam