Reason for PDF Format

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 29 12:45:01 CET 1999

In message <4.1.19990129110556.009b79b0 at thompsonic.com>, Jeffrey Thompson write
s:
>The whole idea of going to a PDF file is to take advantage of the additional
>features that are available through Adobe Acrobat, namely:

A bunch of gui-based featurebloated crap.

If I can't read the documentation through a text-only link, I won't read
it.  At best, I'll convert it to a text-based format, more likely I'll
just experiment with the program until it does what I want.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, especially on a project as hackerish as
this.

-Robin, who uses lynx as his web browser almost exclusively (can't do
Java in lynx; Java sucks, but sometimes people's whole pages are written
in it).