Bug with multiple secret keys.

Yoni Elhanani biggo at netvision.net.il
Fri Jul 16 11:10:36 CEST 1999

Hello.
I am not subscribed to this list, so if you wish to reply to me, you
should CC the mail to me.

The bug is in version gnupg 0.9.7 and 0.9.8. (i checked only with these
versions)
When I try to decrypt a message, no matter what i set with the -u
parameter,
It uses the key of my default (first) secret key.
It does not matter if I use a real uid or a bogus one.

The problem does not occur while signing, however.

Another problem I noticed, is with the GnomePGP frontend,
I have no idea if it relates, though. (I wanted to see if a frontend can
decrypt with various keys)
when i try to decrypt a message via gpgp i get the following error: (it
doesn't even ask for my passphrase!)
gpg: DBG: mapped 4k shared memory at 0x40014000, id=680704
gpg: cannot open /dev/tty: Device not configured

Here is my options file if it helps:
#(without all the comments)
no-greeting
force-v3-sigs
escape-from-lines
lock-once
keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net

Thanks,
Yoni.

--

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck,
is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners...