solaris 2.6

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Mon Jun 14 23:17:06 CEST 1999

rodmur at maybe.org (Dale Harris) writes:

> > > FAIL: armdetach.test
> > > Bus Error

> This is an Ultra Sparc, Solaris 2.6 with all the latest patches (for what
> that's worth).  gnupg 0.9.7.  What should I look at first?

Hmm. Well, I have to retract my previous suggestion; I built 0.9.7 on my
ultrasparc (solaris 2.5.1) this afternoon and it passed all tests without
patches. I used ./configure --disable-nls --with-static-rnd=egd, and used the
usual egd setup:
 ln -s ~/.gnupg/entropy checks/entropy
 egd.pl ~/.gnupg/entropy --bottomless --quit-after=60

Try it under gdb, I guess, and see if it's dying around the tiger hash
self-test. I think that's where the older version was having alignment
problems for me earlier.

cheers,
 -Brian