Bug in status stream

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Tue Jun 15 12:02:42 CEST 1999

"Dmitri E. Soloviev" <dmitris at interlog.com> writes:

> via status fd I added a little queuing mechanism to the
> procedure write_status_text() so even if some data gets sent
> too early it will be stored and sent later when another text

Sorry, I can't apply such a large pacth without a disclaimer or
assignment.

By the way, Michael is going to experiment with a different approach
on running gpg as a coprocess.  This might make things easier.

> As a side note, this fixed last serious bug in GnomePGP 0.4,
> so I may release it in few days.

I  was very glad to see that someone is working again on GnomePGP and
it looks pretty nice.  Some notes on this:

 - Please do not put to much work into the GnomePGP /GnuPG interfacing
   stuff as we may have a library which takes care of that in the near
   future.

 - If it is possible for you to conditional compile the GNOME stuff
   in, please do so.  The advantage of this is that it will be
   possible to port it to Windoze
   #include  <i-dont-like-it-but-in-the-meantime-disclaimer.h>
   due the the existence of GTK for Win32.

 - At some point in the future we will have a CORBA interface and
   a GNOME program should use it then.  Hmmm, this conflicts with
   the previous point.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013