0.9.8 available

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Mon Jun 28 11:30:36 CEST 1999

Marco d'Itri <md at linux.it> writes:

> What are notations? I don't know how to translate the word.

>From RFC2440:

5.2.3.15. Notation Data

       (4 octets of flags, 2 octets of name length (M),
                           2 octets of value length (N),
                           M octets of name data,
                           N octets of value data)

   This subpacket describes a "notation" on the signature that the
   issuer wishes to make. The notation has a name and a value, each of
   which are strings of octets. There may be more than one notation in a
   signature. Notations can be used for any extension the issuer of the
   signature cares to make. The "flags" field holds four octets of
   flags.

> And what are policy URLs for?

5.2.3.19. Policy URL

   (String)

   This subpacket contains a URL of a document that describes the policy
   that the signature was issued under.

> What do you think about using db2 instead of gdbm?

GDBM is still experimental and I am not using it.  If cou have DB2
installed it is possible to use it.  However I have a more lite design
in mind.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.openIT.de             keyid 621CC013