Problem building for win32

"Juergen_Weber" at Schwaebisch-Hall.de "Juergen_Weber" at Schwaebisch-Hall.de
Mon Mar 8 16:56:44 CET 1999

Hello,

has anybody tried to build gnupg-0.9.3 for Win32.
I got the ming32 packet from Werner Kochs page and built it under linux.
A hello-world .exe runs, but I didn't test more.
Now I am stuck with building gnupg (see below).

Has anybody a detailed explanation how to build gnupg for Win32?
Or still better a working visual c++ project?

Thanks for any hints,

Juergen

[root at lisa-t7 gnupg-0.9.3]# which gcc
/usr/local/i386--mingw32/bin/gcc
[root at lisa-t7 gnupg-0.9.3]# ./configure --target=i386--ming32
creating cache ./config.cache
checking whether use of /dev/random is requested... yes
checking whether use of extensions is requested... yes
checking whether assembler modules are requested... yes
checking whether memory debugging is requested... no
checking whether memory guard is requested... no
checking whether included zlib is requested... no
checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type; you must
 specify one
[root at lisa-t7 gnupg-0.9.3]#