undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

Remi Guyomarch rguyom at mail.dotcom.fr
Wed Mar 31 16:20:32 CEST 1999

On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 09:07:47AM +0200, homega at vlc.servicom.es wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I recently upgraded from GnuPG 0.9.3-1 to 0.9.4-1, upgrading also the
> packages gpg-idea_1.deb and gpg-rsa_1.deb to gpg-idea_2.deb and gpg-rsa_2.deb
> from the debian distribution.  Everything seemed to be working fine with
> 0.9.3, but now, if I try to sign a mail I get the following message:
>
> gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
> gpg: /usr/lib/gnupg/idea: error loading extension: /usr/lib/gnupg/idea:
> undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
> gpg: /usr/lib/gnupg/rsa: error loading extension: /usr/lib/gnupg/rsa:
> undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

The two packages where probably compiled with different debian
versions of egcs or gcc. Try downloading the debian sources for both
idea, rsa and gnupg and recompile everything with the same compiler
(either gcc 2.7.2.3 or egcs). You might also want to send a bug report
to debian.

--
Rémi        <rguyom at mail.dotcom.fr> | Don't waste your computer's time :
    PGP-encrypt anything important: | http://www.distributed.net/