FYI: Twofish and "Open"-PGP

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Wed May 12 13:01:34 CEST 1999

Just want to let you know something about the Twofish thing:

Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:59:48 +0200
From: Werner Koch <wk at isil.d.shuttle.de>
To: ietf-open-pgp at imc.org
Subject: Re: Agree with PRZs MDC suggestion

hal at rain.org writes:

[ most of the technical stuff deleted, hal == Hal Finney of NAI - wk ]

> I agree that it would be sensible to encourage the new format when we go
> to new block ciphers.  Unfortunately the next version of PGP will have
> Twofish support without MDC, since we were not able to come to consensus

Ahhh great:  I'm holding back Twofish support for GnuPG for many weeks
now, only to have the chance to use 128 bit block ciphers as a
criteria to decide whether to use MDCed encryption - but NAI has already
decided to make facts and thereby ignoring the discussion at the WG.
But sure, it is your companies decision - tssss.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013