Better way to ID keys

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Mon May 31 18:04:33 CEST 1999

Jason Gunthorpe <jgg at ualberta.ca> writes:

> the older RSA keys do not.. Is there any way to get GPG give output (and
> do matches) for a RSA key in v4 form?

It should be possible to transder a key from v3 to v4.  But pgp2 will
not be able to handle them and the key IDs and finperprints will chnage
too.

> are not unique then how can I deal with it? There is no other way to
> specify a key than by fingerprint, right?

Hmmm, it would be possible to extend the scheme to specify the key by
giving the complete key as a hexdump (or base64) value :-)

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013