Drift between libgmp and gpg's version

Jason Gunthorpe jgg at ualberta.ca
Fri Oct 1 23:14:08 CEST 1999

It just came to my attention that GnuPG's modified version of gmp doesn't
include some of the patches to the assembly core that we at Debian use.

Werner, have you thought about not using a full gmp with only some
modified portions, but instead linking to the system gmp for the routines
that are common? Probably enabled by a configure option or somesuch.

Has their been much drift already between when you modified gmp and the
latest gmp release?

Even better would be to just get the gmp upstream to integrate a means to
do secured allocations, lots of crypto stuff would benifit from that.

Thanks,
Jason