bugreport/feature request

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Oct 3 20:09:42 CEST 1999

"Janusz A. Urbanowicz" <alex at bofh.torun.pl> writes:

> Splitting keyring option into keyring and additional-keyring.

What I want to do is do check fro RO keyrings and don't update them at
all.

> be used. Key disabling (and revocation ?) should apply to both keyrings.

Disabling would work but revocations are a problem because the
samllest entity the key management code handles is the keyblock and
therefore we would have to copy the keyblock to a RW keyring and add
the revocation there.

Things are getting too complicated.  The real way to handle the things
you need is a local keyserver.  Thomas Roessler has a keyserver proxy
which might be extented to fulfill your requirements (I guess you find
it somewhere at ftp.mutt.org)

> This option should be also settable in system-wide options file (in case
> such a feature will ever exist). This way admins could keep system-wide

My opionion is that key distribution should be handled automagically
and the user should not have to think about it.  This is the reason
for removing the trust parameters from the keyrings.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013