Drift between libgmp and gpg's version

Jason Gunthorpe jgg at ualberta.ca
Sun Oct 3 15:16:14 CEST 1999

On 3 Oct 1999, Stainless Steel Rat wrote:

> * Jason Gunthorpe <jgg at ualberta.ca>  on Sat, 02 Oct 1999
> | It just came to my attention that GnuPG's modified version of gmp doesn't
> | include some of the patches to the assembly core that we at Debian use.

> Which are not available to other Linux distributions, and are not avalable
> to other flavors of Unix such as SunOS, AIX, IRIX, HP-UX, OSF/1, and about
> 30 others I could come up with.

Eh? Anyone who wants them is free to get them and AFIAK they have been
submited to upstream - furthermore most of our patches were not originated
by us, but by others. Some of our patches even come from the author
himself! (http://www.matematik.su.se/~tege/gmp/)

The problem is that the last upstream release seems to have been around
the Jun 6 1996!!

> And if these patches are not owned by the FSF, Werner cannot use them in
> GPG.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but FSF is not the owner of gmp so I think this
is a bit of a non issue

Jason