Feature Request: listing sigs fast

Jason Gunthorpe jgg at ualberta.ca
Sat Oct 16 22:04:49 CEST 1999

Hi,

Would it be possible to add an option to list signatures without
cross-referencing their names?

I want to only get the keyID of the signatures that have signed a key, and
right now a --list-sigs --with-colons takes *forever* on the 600k of rings
I need to run it over.  It seems to me that this is probably because the
owners name is also printed thus requiring a lookup instead of just a
straight dump.

Even when using a gdbm key ring this operation is horrifically slow. (gdbm
isn't very efficient anyhow)

Also,

samosa{jgg}~/keys#gpg --no-options --no-default-keyring --list-sigs <
/usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg

gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (ringedit.c:826:enum_keyblocks)
secmem usage: 0/0 bytes in 0/0 blocks of pool 0/16384
Aborted

Sounds bad :> I figured that if gpg had no key rings it wouldn't try to
lookup sigs!

Thanks,
Jason