Trying to wrap up the Nto port...

Sam Roberts sroberts at uniserve.com
Sat Apr 8 05:05:51 CEST 2000

Hi,

I'm trying to wrap up the work I've done for the Nto port, so
I can move on to what I'm actually working on: a C++ library
that does MIME mail (similar to the perl/Java/... MIME packages).

1 - There's new versions of config.guess and config.sub at

      wget ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/config/config.guess
      wget ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/config/config.sub

  Can gnupg use those (they support both QNX4 and Nto)? If not,
  the patches in my last post add the support needed to gnupg's
  version of those scripts.

2 - I still don't know how to get rndegd to not build if there's
    no <sys/un.h>, I could just write up a few line install note
    if that's easier.

3 - Any opinion on my suggestion to move disable_core_dumps() to
    after options parsing so that it honors the --quiet option?

4 - Were the Nto patches ok, should I assume they are or aren't
    merged when I don't hear from the very busy Werner? I'm not
    sure what the protocol is here ;-)

5 - My port of Linux's random.c to QNX4 and Nto will be posted
    on my web site (see my sig) by Monday. The codes pretty simple.

Sorry to pester, if I can get this merged I won't have to redo
it for the next release, and mutt and gpg will "just work" on
one two more platforms.

Cheers!
Sam

p.s. Thanks for gpg, secure e-mail is going to be used everywhere
within not very long due to it, a very good thing, IMO.

--
Sam Roberts, sroberts at uniserve dot com, www.emyr.net/Sam