RSA

brian moore bem at cmc.net
Sat Feb 12 14:41:47 CET 2000

On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 02:18:16PM -0800, brian moore wrote:

> I don't see an algorithm cited there, just "algorithms exist".

Ah, I see an interesting web page explaining the ecpp test.  I still
have to read it to see if it solves the general case, though (right now
my reading is that it -may- work for a given prime, but not that it will
work for all primes).

Is there a general purpose "given n, we can prove it is prime" that
works for any random n?

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting