bug#58: two configure patches for 1.1.0

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Feb 28 20:51:16 CET 2000

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Tim Mooney wrote:

> The reason that SHM_LOCK isn't being detected is that the AC_TRY_COMPILE is
> being called incorrectly -- its second argument should be a function *body*,

I see.

> GNUPG_CHECK_IPC test in aclocal.m4.  This test probably wasn't working on

(aclocal.m4 is build by aclocal - the actual source is acinclude.m4)

> academic, since mlock on Tru64 systems is documented as failing unless
> you're the superuser (like HP-UX), but the additions I've made to the

Does that mean that it even does not work for setuid(root) processes?

> checks should make it more robust in general.  Oddly enough once my patch
> is in place and mlock is found, the "mlock is broken" test outputs no,

Which is okay.  This test is just for some HP/UX versions which simply
SEGV when you call mlock() without correct permissions.

> even though the man page for mlock clearly states that superuser priviledges
> are required to even call the functions (and I'm building as myself, not

So the SEGV is not a bug but a feature - strange API.

> The included patch is against 1.1.0.

1.1.x is the very,very unstable development branch of GnuPG as
clearly stated in the README file.

> this.  You might want to add a "How to report bugs" section to the web
> pages and to the BUGS file in the distribution itself.

Good idea.

I'll try to apply your patch to 1.0