Problem checking signatures

Jason Gunthorpe jgg at ualberta.ca
Tue Jan 4 17:36:48 CET 2000

Hi,

I am having a problem getting GnuPG 1.0.1 to check a signature. The
signature orginally came from a PGP/MIME mail created by Mutt, but I would
like to reconstruct it into an attached message so that I don't need to
mess around with temp files.

Basically, I am doing this operation:

And gpg consistently reports bad signature. But if I give gpg foo and
foo.asc seperately it checks just fine. The message contains no special
characters or anything odd like that.

Oddly, this exact scheme works for other sorts of PGP MIME'd mails, it is
just for some of them that it fails [perhaps only for SHA hashes?]

This really sounds like an odd bug in the signature checking .. I've
attached foo and foo.asc to this mail.

Thanks,
Jason