Problem checking signatures

Jason Gunthorpe jgg at ualberta.ca
Wed Jan 5 02:21:17 CET 2000

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Werner Koch wrote:

> The hash line is needed because otherwise gpg assumes this is a pgp 2
> create signature and enables a workaround for this.

Would it be possible to work around this somehow in gpg? Maybe a flag or
an alternate format for passing the message to gpg? (signature data
first?)

I guess the trouble is that you don't know which hash to compute over the
message until you read the end, which is too late :>

The PGP/MIME spec does include a parameter that is supposed to be use for
the hash type (micalg) maybe what I will do for now is use that to insert
the Hash: SHA1 header.

> I am not sure why the extra empt line at the end is needed - maybe
> Mutt does not output the last line.

Perhaps, I nixed it from mutt's temp files as it invoked GPG - it is odd
that when using the .asc file it worked fine. That sounds like a
legitimate bug..

Thanks,
Jason