OS/2 Port

Brian Havard brianh at kheldar.apana.org.au
Tue Jun 13 20:14:27 CEST 2000

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:58:37 +0200 (CDT), Michael Reinsch wrote:

>I'm new on this mailinglist. I want to port GnuPG to OS/2. I've already
>checked out the 1.1.0a from the CVS and it now compiles ok. I only had to
>change configure.in (add AC_EXEEXT) and run configure with --disable-asm.
>Great work!
>
>6 checks fail at the moment: encryptp.test, detach.test, armencryptp.test,
>armdetach.test, armdetachm.test and detachm.test. Rest seems to be ok. I
>hadn't time to do any further investigations.
>
>Now I've some questions: :)
>
>- Do you have any schedule for the 1.1.0 release?
>- Is there a good random number generator out there? (gpg is currently using
>an insecure generator).

I've written a random number generator daemon & gnupg module that uses it
for OS/2. I can send you the source if you like. It uses the truerand
principle but uses the hires timer API instead of chewing lots of CPU time.
It's pretty slow though (around 2k/min), that's why I use a daemon that
builds up a supply of random data ready to hand out when it's needed.