ask_expire_interval() and i18n

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jun 19 10:57:43 CEST 2000

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Florian Weimer wrote:

> ("signature" instead of "key").  Shall I make copy of the whole
> routine, or shall I add just a parameter which switches between
> different sets of strings?

No duplicated code pleas.  However there are a lot of other issues
related to parameterizing the edit menu; there should be some generic way
to do this.

> BTW: How are expired signatures treated by GnuPG?  Are they still part
> of validity calculations?  What about expired keys?

Expired signatures are not valid key signatures - however there is a
bug somewhere in the handling code (That is the "fix the fixme" entry in
the TODO)

Werner Koch				OpenPGP key 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH                             tel +49 211 239577-0
Birkenstr. 12                           email   wk at OpenIT.de
D-40233 Duesseldorf                     http://www.OpenIT.de