external keystore option?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu May 11 15:08:10 CEST 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Mikolaj J. Habryn wrote:

>   Hmm. How can one tell if one has found the right key? Magic in the
> plaintext?

Quite simple: Without the correct key you get only garbled plaintext -
this is easy to detect because the plaintext (actually the encrypted
session key) has some special format and a checksum.

>   Yep, or things like signing keys. I presume that in both cases (and

All signing operations.

> secret key that can't be transformed into an encryption/decryption

A secret key is only needed for this:

  a) decryption
  b) signing

Werner Koch				OpenPGP key 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH                             tel +49 211 239577-0
Birkenstr. 12                           email   wk at OpenIT.de
D-40233 Duesseldorf                     http://www.OpenIT.de