Beecrypt (was: Re: Making a gpg library)

Olaf Trygve Berglihn olafb at pvv.org
Wed Nov 8 12:40:31 CET 2000

Taral <taral at taral.net> writes:

> On  7 Nov, Olaf Trygve Berglihn wrote:
>
> > For what preformance is concerned, yes it seems like it is efficient
> > code, but I find it rather hard to interface with. I really think it
> > is time someone helped Mr. Koch out on how to modularize gnupg, so
> > that he can engage in cleaning up independent parts of the code.
>
> I am willing to do this, but I will need help. People must be willing to
> dedicate themselves to this project, since I cannot support it on my
> own.

BTW: I found BeeCrypt at http://www.virtualunlimited.com/products/beecrypt/

Quote from the site:
"""What is BeeCrypt?
BeeCrypt is an open source cryptography library that contains highly
optimized C and assembler implementations of many well-known
algorithms including Blowfish, SHA-1, Diffie-Hellman, and ElGamal
(full list). Unlike some other crypto libraries, BeeCrypt is not
designed to solve one specific problem, like file encryption, but to
be a general purpose toolkit which can be used in a variety of
applications.  There are also no patent or royalty issues associated
with BeeCrypt, and it is released under the GNU LGPL license (read
more), which means it can used for free in both open source and closed
source commercial projects."""

--
Olaf Trygve Berglihn <olafb at pvv.org>