AES for GnuPG, on Mon Oct 2?

Simpson, Sam s.simpson at mia.co.uk
Mon Oct 2 15:46:03 CEST 2000

Hitachi actually claim that their patent covers all entries other than
Rijndael (see for example the 2 Hitachi letters at:
http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/aes/round2/pubcmnts.htm).

My opinion is that it's a 2 horse race between Serpent and Twofish (Rijndael
needs more rounds, RC6 & MARS are awful on some platforms).  IMHO, Twofish
is just too complicated to be analysed sufficiently, leaving the highly
tweakable and incredibly conservative Serpent.

I could be wrong though ;)

Regards,

Sam Simpson
http://www.scramdisk.clara.net/

http://marc.mutz.com/Encryption-HOWTO/
> University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

> PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/

Certain opinions expressed in this mail may be personal and may not be shared by Medical Insurance Agency Ltd or subsidiaries.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged.  It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorised.  If you are not an addressee you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this email.  Such unauthorised use may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error then please inform 'postmaster at mia.co.uk' immediately and delete it and all copies from your system.