gpg 1.0.3 on Solaris w/ large file support

Nils Ellmenreich Nils at infosun.fmi.uni-passau.de
Wed Oct 4 16:27:15 CEST 2000

Hi,

I've tried to install the generic 1.0.3 on both, Solaris 2.6 and 8. It
doesn't work out of the box as util/iobuf.c fails to find the 64bit data
structure definitions from <sys/stat.h>. This is because Solaris
requires the compilation flag -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE to support these
functions. If you compile iobuf.c manually with this flag, then the rest
of the compilation works on Solaris 2.6. I haven't found an ideal spot
where to put this additional flog into configure.in - Werner, do you
have an idea?

Further more, even with this flag 1.0.3 doesn't compile on my Solaris
2.8 machines with linke problems with

gmake[2]: Entering directory `/mount/public.source/network/gnupg-1.0.3/tools'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../include -I../intl    -g -O2 -Wall \
-c mpicalc.c \
gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -o mpicalc  mpicalc.o ../cipher/libcipher.a \
../mpi/libmpi.a ../util/libutil.a  -ldl -lnsl  -lsocket
__udiv_qrnnd                        ../mpi/libmpi.a(mpih-div.o)

Haven't had time yet to look into this one. I'll do some digging later,
time permitting.

cheers, Nils
--
Nils Ellmenreich - Fakultaet fuer Math./Informatik             - Nils @