[Announce] GnuPG security fix

Florian Weimer Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Wed Oct 18 15:15:07 CEST 2000

raf <raf at comdyn.com.au> writes:

> i'm having a problem running gpg-1.0.4 as root on solaris 2.6:
>
>   ld.so.1: ./gpg: fatal: libgdbm.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory
>   Killed
>
> if gpg is not suid root, then this only happens if root tries to run gpg.

You have to pass the path to libgdbm.so.2 to ld(1) using the "-R"
option, I guess.  Currently, the directory is listed in
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH on your system, but this environment variable is
ignored for setuid root programs for security reasons.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/