Making a gpg library

Olaf Beckman obeckman at linuxmail.org
Fri Oct 20 21:27:31 CEST 2000

In July Filippo Portera asked about a GPG API but I suspect he meant building a library with an API which would interface with the command line front end. This way, people would be able to link in the crypto part of GPG into their own applications. The API should off course would in-memory only (not using the file system).

Werner Koch responded that this would not be an option in the near future. He instead opted create a version with such capabillity for CORBA. I would like to ask him and other people to reconsider! A C-library would be so much easier to use.

I would like to wrap this C-library in as a COM component under Windows or in a KOM/OpenParts component under KDE.