non-functioning --switch?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Oct 23 12:26:43 CEST 2000

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, John J. Kane wrote:

> ver. 1.0.3 Windows binary, Win95.   Verbatim:
>
>   C:\gnupg\> gpg --no-secmem-warning
>   gpg: Please note that you don't have secure memory

--no-secmem-warning does only work on system which are capable of
locking memory.  There is currently no easy way to do this under
Windows and I considere to remove this message for Windows.  Even
with a (free) device driver which can be used to protect memory it
might not make sense at all, given all the other ways to snoop on
Windows memory or break into the system.

Werner Koch				GnuPG key:  621CC013
OpenIT GmbH                             http://www.OpenIT.de