Fatal error

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 27 13:12:28 CEST 2000

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Hideki Saito wrote:

> gpg: fatal: out of secure memory while allocating 4320 bytes
> secmem usage: 1472/12160 bytes in 3/9 blocks of pool 13440/16384

Your are doing large RSA keys?  This is not a Windows specific bug.
The "secure" memory is too fragmented to allocate 4320 bytes.  The
simplest workaround would be to increase the size of the secmem pool:
grep for secmem_init() in g10/g10.c:main.

Maybe I can change the secmem stuff to allocate more memory if there
is no secure memory available.  This secure memory allocation block is
needed in all cases, so that free() can zeroise the memory.

Werner Koch				GnuPG key:  621CC013
OpenIT GmbH                             http://www.OpenIT.de