Nonrevocable signatures patch

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Wed Aug 8 01:01:01 CEST 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 09:40:04AM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I really appreciate your work on GnuPG but I have 2 problems with
> tha.  The first one are the US export regulations, but I consider
> that more a probelm that you might get into trouble.  Rumors are that
> sending the patch to crypto at bxa.doc.gov (?) make it legal.
>
> The more serious problem is that the FSF needs an copyright assignment
> for GnuPG contributions.  Without that I can't apply such a patch and
> would hae to rewrite it :-(.
>
> I'll attach some information about copyright assignment.  I'd really
> hope that you are willing and able to sign that.
>
> Ciao,
>
>   Werner
>
> p.s.
> I am not sure whether I already sent you this info.

You did.  I just got the paperwork from the FSF in the mail, and I'll
be sending it back soon, after I check a couple of details with the
company I work for.  The export stuff is not a big deal as open source
software has an exemption from the majority of crypto export
headaches.  I just need to tell the crypto at bxa.doc.gov people the URL
of each patch as I make it.

David

--