cannot import key

Len Sassaman rabbi at quickie.net
Tue Aug 14 10:25:01 CEST 2001

On 13 Aug 2001, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:19:52 +0200, Stefan Bellon said:
>
> > Doesn't work for old PGP 2 keys though. At least it didn't yesterday
> > when I checked.
>
> Enabling that would be trivial, but you will lose the ability to use
> the key with PGP2.  Hmmm, we also need to check that there is no
> expiry time in the self-signature because that is stored with the v3
> key.

Yeah -- my suggestion in this case is not to enable this for v3 keys, as
it would require a v4 signature on the key. "Primary" user id was
determined in the absense of this subpacket simply by looking at the
physical location of the user id packet in the key blob -- the first one
was the "primary" one.

Sticking with that for v3 keys seems appropriate.