Unable to use batch mode to sign and encrypt a document with gpg

Arnaud Paire apaire at webraska.com
Fri Aug 17 18:56:01 CEST 2001

Dear all,

I spend several days to make an automatic "sign and encrypt" with
gnupg-1.0.4

When I do:
    gpg -ase -r DEST myFile.txt

The soft asks me to promt the passphrase. I need to promt it automaticaly,
so I decide to use the batch mode :
    gpg --batch -ase -r DEST myFile.txt

But the soft answer me :
    gpg: can't query password in batchmode
    gpg: no default secret key: bad passphrase
    gpg: README: sign+encrypt failed: bad passphrase

So, I think I just need to know how to set a "default secret key".
I heard about a --default-secret-key option but it is not available in my
version.

I will be very glad if someone can give me a hand.
Thanks by advance

Arnaud.