Can't load modules

Lionel CONS lionel.cons at cern.ch
Mon Aug 20 12:38:01 CEST 2001

(this question does not apear in the FAQ, maybe it's a bug...)

I'm trying to use gnupg 1.0.6 on Red Hat Linux 6.1 and the program
fails to load any module. Here is what I get:

# ./gpg test.pgp
gpg: /usr/local/lib/gnupg/rndunix: error loading extension: /usr/local/lib/gnupg/rndunix: undefined symbol: g10_log_bug0
gpg: /usr/local/lib/gnupg/idea: error loading extension: /usr/local/lib/gnupg/idea: undefined symbol: g10_log_fatal

Indeed I have these two modules listed in my options file.

Using Google, I saw several similar problem reports about this (see
for instance:
    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2000/11/09/0002.html
) but no solution. Any idea on what's wrong?

Thanks!
Lionel Cons        http://cern.ch/lionel.cons
CERN               http://www.cern.ch

Theory is when everybody knows everything, but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works, but nobody knows why.
	- Albert Einstein