[OT] Algorithm question

Keith Willis keith at bytebrothers.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 16:23:02 CEST 2001

I know, I know... somewhat off topic, but I'm certain some of you
people have done what I'm trying to do many times!

I am implementing (for my clients) a 'common front end' for a number
of different symmetric ciphers, and am stuck on how to implement
correctly the so-called "Cipher Text Stealing" method of dealing with
a final, incomplete, block in CBC mode.

I have read the description in Schneier's Applied Cryptography
(pp195-196 in the 2nd Edition), but I just can't seem to get my head
around it.  I would be most grateful if someone could point me at a
sample implementation or even just some pseudo-code.

My thanks in advance.
klw
For PGP key, send email to kwillis_pgp_key at yahoo.co.uk
(no subject or message content required)