slow signature verification with certain keys

Steven Barker scbarker at uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 31 00:27:01 CEST 2001

I have noticed that verifying the signatures made by certain keys take much
longer than average (45sec to a minute on my P3 550).  One example is the key
used to sign the attached message.  I've examined the author's key as best I
can (not very extensively) but I don't know why it takes so long.

Is there a ligitimate reason it should take much longer to verify his
signatures, or is it a bug?

Steven Barker                                      scbarker at uiuc.edu
  No woman ever falls in love with a man unless she has a better opinion of
  him than he deserves.
  		-- Edgar Watson Howe
GnuPG public key: http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~scbarker/pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: 272A 3EC8 52CE F22B F745  775E 5292 F743 EBD5 936B