"Ohhhh jeeee" message

Florian Weimer Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Wed Dec 12 16:59:02 CET 2001

Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:

> On 12 Dec 2001 13:41:04 +0100, Florian Weimer said:
>
> > With today's CVS, when importing a key ring:
> > | gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (getkey.c:1545:merge_selfsigs)
>
> The keyblock passed to the function does neither start with a public
> key nor a secret key.  There is a chance that due to concurrent access
> to a keyring it gets corrupted - can you check whether this has
> happend?

No, this isn't the cause.  At least I wasn't running multiple GnuPG
invocations in parallel, and each of the two key rings import
triggering this message imports cleanly if I remove
~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg first (but if I import both, gpg aborts with this
message).

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/