GPGME

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Dec 14 11:26:01 CET 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:02:42 +0000, Craig Emery said:

> I know this is probably s FAQ or in the archive but is there any
> documentation on how to use GPGME?

I once wrote a short article on it but it is only an overview and in
German.  Function reference can be extracted from the source, but the
best documentation we currently have are the example usages:

  * The test programs in gpgme/tests/
  * Sylpheed (src/rfc2015.c)
  * Seahorse
  * gpgme/gpgmeplug/ from the current CVS

The latter one is designed as a general dynloadable plugin for MUAa; a
specification can be found in the aegypten-specs module at

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.gnupg.org:/cvs/aegypten \
   checkout aegypten-specs/mua-integration.sgml

It is currently used by the -r AEGYPTEN_BRANCH of kmail.

> I'm toying with the idea of writing a plugin for Mozilla. Of course if
> there already exists one I'd like to know.

Thre is proof of concept code for Moziall, but the developers don't like
the idea of putting GnuPG code into the standard Mozilla source.

A plugin is very desirable.  You might want to consult

http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/

and subscribe to gpa-dev at gnupg.org.

Ciao,