Interacting with gpg output....

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Dec 18 08:54:01 CET 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:40:41 -0700, Rustad, Aaron said:

> I am trying to develop a frontend in java for gpg. However, when I invoke
> the gpg process, I am not able to get the output for a standard encryption
> command. I can, however, get the output for the "-?" flag. Is gpg developed

gpg --help

goes to stdout, errors or other message are printed to stderr as
usual.

However, to use gpg from another system you should use the status
lines printed to fd <n> when you use --status-fd <n>.  See doc/DETAILS
for a description of those status lines.  Regular text output may
change from version to version, status output is guaranteed not to
change.